The Exclusive Producer of Teflon™ PTFE Fibers
Toray Fluorofibers (America), Inc.—TFA—possesses the exclusive rights for producing matrix-spun polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) fibers. Globally, we are recognized for our high-quality products and manufacturing processes.
Performance No Other Man-Made Fiber Can Offer
A long chain of carbon atoms fully saturated by fluorine atoms forms the structure of PTFE. Our Teflon™ fibers made from it can endure some of the most difficult environments known to man, even strong acids and caustics, as well as temperatures that range from +260°C to the lows of outer space—they are simply that durable.
Matrix-Spun for Optimum Quality, Performance and Durability
TFA’s proprietary matrix-spun process ensures the highest quality and most advanced PTFE fibers available anywhere. They possess unparalleled friction properties, an outstanding service temperature range (both hot and cold extremes), excellent chemical resistance (virtually chemically inert) and a multitude of diverse processing possibilities.
Unparalleled Friction Properties
• Lowest coefficient of friction among synthetic fibers
• Does not exhibit stick-slip behavior
Outstanding Service Temperature Range
• Suitable for service up to 260°C (500°F)
• Maintains elasticity down to -80°C (-112°F)
Excellent Chemical Resistance
• Resistant to virtually all chemicals
• Stands up to highly oxidative and corrosive environments
Fiber’s Diverse Processing Possibilities
• Easily woven or knitted as fabric, or can be converted to felt
• Can be combined with other substances to meet a range of shapes and performance demands
Teflon™ is a registered trademark of The Chemours Company FC, LLC used under license by Toray Fluorofibers (America), Inc.