2012 NSC CONGRESS & EXPO - CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Technical Sessions and Professional Development Seminars
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal.
FORMAT FOR TECHNICAL SESSIONS
Presentations are 90 minutes and must be delivered in the following fashion:
- Lecture: Single speaker
- Lecture: Multiple speakers
- Panel Discussion: Dialogue among multiple speakers
Preference in Technical Sessions is given to:
- Those submissions with multiple speakers
- Those submissions with a participant from industry
- Those submissions that describe or outline a specific case study or project from industry
- Topics which reflect current, recent or emerging issues or changes in those issues
- In order to meet the growing experience of our attendees, special consideration will be given to submissions from the Intermediate and Advanced categories
FORMAT FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINARS (PDS)
Seminars are one to multi-day courses that require a separate fee for registered attendees. The seminars provide hands on, in-depth knowledge building career advancing opportunities and must be delivered in a classroom-style format.
Levels of Attendee Experience for Technical Sessions
Participants include a wide array of industry professionals with a varied level of experience and expertise, including: academic representatives, agricultural leaders, company executives, fire protection experts, government officials, human resource and personnel managers, industrial hygienists, plant managers, safety directors, union members and volunteer organizations from as many as 60 foreign countries.
Geared toward the attendee who is:
• New to the safety industry and has had little or no training
• 1-3 years experience
Geared toward the attendee who:
• Has experience in the field and wants to build on it
• 4-9 years experience
Geared toward the attendee who:
• Is considered a “seasoned” safety and health professional
• 10+ years experience
NEW TRACK FOR 2012
New to the 2012 NSC Congress & Expo is the Young Professionals track. This track is intended for speakers and attendees 40 years of age and under. Possible topics include work or safety issues, and sharing of solutions to problems often faced by this emerging group.
- NSC does not endorse commercial products or lobby commercial products for specific legislation.
- Speakers are not permitted to sell, promote or otherwise give significant exposure to any company or organization's materials, products and/or services.
- Advertising, informational literature, samples, etc., in meeting rooms, corridors, guest rooms or other adjacent areas are not permitted. This restriction also applies to printed matter promoting sessions or activities of other non-NSC groups.
- Proposals must be submitted by Friday, February 3, 2012 via this web form.
- Speaker availability must be confirmed prior to proposal submission. If a session is accepted, cancellation is strongly discouraged.
- International submissions should focus on universal safety topics rather than those specific to a particular region or country.
- Proposals must detail what will be learned by attending the proposed session(s).
- Proposals must be for a 90-minute technical session or one/multi-day course (Professional Development Seminar).
- For Technical Sessions, all expenses must be covered by speakers; however, speakers are entitled to a full Congress & Expo registration, which includes entrance to all technical sessions and the expo (not Professional Development Seminars).
- Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the NSC Congress Program Committee. All participants will be contacted by April 2012.
For further information, please contact:
National Safety Council
MODIFY PROPOSAL SUBMIT PROPOSAL